Thursday, March 4, 2010

Marriage Super-Genius

With my dear friends Al and TT getting married this summer and having recently done the deed myself, I was thinking about what makes a successful marriage. A sense of humor. Respect. Honesty. The capacity to forgive and to laugh at yourself. Trust. Hard work. Sweet nothings. Sweet kisses. Then, I remembered some of the most ardent words about the subject from someone with many, many years of expertise...and it all just made sense. 
Lenny: Yeah, you must be some kind of marriage super-genius, how about a few tips?
Homer: Certainly, Lenford. Make every day a celebration of your love. Surprise her with a pasta-salad. Put a mini beret on your wang.
Lenny: Oh, this stuff is gold.
Carl: Happy marriage, here I come.
I wish nothing but long, happy, goofy and loving marriages and partnerships for all of my sweet, sweet pals.  

Side Note: To have "done the deed," does that mean marriage or sex or something else entirely? I really have no idea. Should probably refrain from using phrases which I am clueless about their meaning. C'est la vie...right???
Photo: "The Simpsons" Twentieth Century Fox Television/Gracie Films/Film Roman Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment